Instructions for authors .
Guidelines for POSTER and ORAL PRESENTERS
- Guidelines for Poster Dimensions (Download)
- Guidelines for Poster Discussion Presenters (Download)
- Guidelines for Oral Presenters (Download)
Please, read the guidelines below carefully
ABSTRACTS THAT DO NOT MEET REQUIREMENTS WILL BE REJECTED
How to submit an Abstract :
- Register on the PAMJ website for the Africa Diabetes Congress Here
- After the first step, you can connect to the website and submit your abstract.
- Do not forget to Read the author’s instructions
Length of abstracts :
All abstracts will be limited to one page (A4 or Letter format) including the title, author names, affiliations and contacts of the corresponding author.
Structure of abstracts :
- A title: all abstracts should have a title.
- Abstract – The abstract of the manuscript should not exceed 250 words and must be structured into separate sections
- Background: the context and purpose of the study
- Methods: how the study was conducted and statistical tests used
- Results: the main findings
- Conclusion: brief summary and potential implications.
Please minimize the use of abbreviations and do not cite references in the abstract.
- Contributing authors names: Should follow PAMJ standards in the order: first name, middle name (if any), last name: the order of the author names should ‘reflect their contribution to the contents of the abstract. Each author’s name should be followed by the number(s) (in superscript) referencing their affiliation in the affiliation list
- Author affiliations list: should follow PAMJ standards. Starting with a number. Each affiliation number should exist in the author list. The affiliation should be as detailed as possible and can include: The name of the institution, the department inside the institution, the city, the province or state, the country
- The names and contacts (affiliation and email) of the corresponding author: The corresponding author’s name should be identified in the author list by the ampersand sign (&)
- The body of the abstract: will follow the format of the conference, which is the multiple paragraphs format organized around thematic areas such as introduction, methods, results and conclusion
- References number and style: Are not allowed
- Figures or tables: are not allowed.
PAMJ abstract’s template
Only the poster abstract will be published. The posters themselves will not be published.